As the dust settles after the finale of Game of Thrones season 8, now is the perfect time to look back and assess the show’s successes and failures. But despite the controversial ending, there were plenty of things that GoT pulled off in its last season. Here are eight of the best impovements in Season 8.
Table of Contents
- 1. Epic Battle Scenes: A Look at 8 Highlights of GOT Season 8
- 2. Captivating Character arcs: The Journey to the Throne
- 3. Immersive Visuals: The Visual Spectacle of GOT Season 8
- 4. Iconic Moments: 8 Iconic Moments from the GOT Finale
1. Epic Battle Scenes: A Look at 8 Highlights of GOT Season 8
Game of Thrones Season 8 saw an exhaustive of battles that pushed its protagonists to their limit and took the audience on a thrilling journey. Here’s a look at some of the most amazing, intense and anything-but-boring battle scenes it had to offer:
The Battle of Winterfell: The epic fight against the Night King’s army of White Walkers was undoubtedly one of the most intense battles in Game of Thrones history. The audience was left in suspense, as characters from all the nations of Westeros united for the first time since Robert’s Rebellion – and it paid off. Fires raged, dragons soared, swords clashed, seemingly endless hoards of dead marched towards Winterfell and characters viewers know and love died one by one. The battle ended with the Night King’s fall and the White Walkers’ eradication.
The Battle of the Goldroad: The Battle of the Goldroad showcased the new, exponentially more powerful, Daenerys Targaryen. Utilizing her dragon against enemies on the ground and in the air, she showed no mercy or persistence in her quest for the Iron Throne. Though technically a short skirmish, it was captivating to watch as Daenerys fought those who directly oppose her, and it brought an extra layer of uncertainty to the story.
Loot Train Attack: Jaime Lannister’s attempt to take back Highgarden was thwarted by an attack by Daenerys Targaryen and her dragons. Despite their lack of numbers and complete disadvantage, the Lannisters put up a monumental effort against the mother of dragons and her dragons. However, this valiant effort was eventually extinguished in a heated battle of fire and sword.
The Battle of King’s Landing: The finale of Season 8 saw the last major battle of Game of Thrones. Daenerys’ army of Unsullied, Dothraki, and dragon, versus Cersei’s army of Lannister and Golden Company. It was an extremely brutal and emotionally-charged fight, with Jaime and Cersei reaching their respective endgames. The fight ended with Daenerys’ dragon fire and ultimately a lone Iron Throne.
2. Captivating Character arcs: The Journey to the Throne
Great stories have at their heart captivating characters whose journey to the throne keeps readers engaged in the story. From Harry Potter’s emergence from an orphaned child to a powerful, beloved wizard, to Katniss Everdeen’s desperate battle for survival in The Hunger Games, stories with powerful characters draw us in. The following are just a few examples of exceptional character arcs and how they propel each story forward to its final destination.
- Frodo Baggins: The Lord of the Rings tells the story of Frodo Baggins, the lowly Hobbit from the Shire who is forced to bear the burden of destroying the One Ring. Throughout the journey, Frodo learns to accept the call of destiny, trust others, and accept help. By the end of the tale, he has become a hero, helping to save Middle Earth from the evil forces that sought to destroy it.
- Daenerys Targaryen: In Game of Thrones, we follow Daenerys Targaryen on her journey to the Iron Throne. Against all odds, she grows from a young, powerless exile to a powerful, beloved queen, conquering both physical and emotional obstacles. Through her struggles we watch her become the fierce, compassionate leader we come to love and respect.
- Shrek: Shrek’s transformation in the animated movie of the same name is a delightful one. Shrek starts out as a grumpy, intimidating ogre and ends as a beloved member of his kingdom. By overcoming his own personal demons and lead the fight against the tyranny of Lord Farquaad, Shrek proves to be a much beloved hero in the end.
The intricate arcs of these characters, and many others, remind us that life is a journey and that no matter our flaws and misgivings, we can all become something greater, if we are determined enough. Thus, they offer the perfect inspiration for any story worth telling.
3. Immersive Visuals: The Visual Spectacle of GOT Season 8
It’s no surprise that the special effects featured on Game of Thrones’ final season were absolutely breathtaking. From grand dragons soaring the skies of Winterfell to zombie-like skeletal armies charging through Westeros, season 8 consistently delivered an immersive visual spectacle like no other TV show has done before. Here are some of the most iconic visuals from this epic season:
- The Battle of Winterfell: Taking place at night, this 22-minute long battle sequence featured some of the best special effects seen in a TV series. The twisting and turning of the dragon’s fire, the murderous swarms of the wights, and even the surprise appearance of the Army of the Dead were all meticulously choreographed and executed.
- The Destruction of King’s Landing: The hours-long siege of one of the most significant cities of Westeros was no less than a visual spectacle. Daenerys’s dragons flying in perfect formation alongside her horde of Dothraki and Unsullied as they unleashed their wrathful fire to destroy the city was truly a sight to behold.
- The Iron Throne: The Iron Throne’s final scene ensures that it will go down in history as one of the most iconic moments of the show. The way it melted away due to Daenerys’ dragon’s fire was a powerful symbol of the end of an era and capped off this remarkable finale with an amazing visual effect.
The visual spectacle of Game of Thrones’ final season helped to create an unforgettable viewing experience that will remain in the hearts and minds of fans for the years to come. Its awe-inspiring imagery and daring special effects blended together to create an amazing viewing experience for any fan of the show.
4. Iconic Moments: 8 Iconic Moments from the GOT Finale
Jaime Lannister and Cersei Lannister’s Farewell: One of the most powerful goodbye scenes was between Jaime and Cersei Lannister. Even though it felt inevitable for the two to meet their demise in the finale episode, their moment of peace was beautifully created by the crews. In this scene, it showed how far their relationship had come throughout the series.
The Iron Throne’s Destruction: Daenerys Targaryen made her ultimate decision and destroyed the Iron Throne from which she once dreamed about ruling. Despite the heartache she went through, she did this to restore justice and make sure that it never gets into the wrong hands. This was an iconic moment as it signalled the fall of a powerful symbol of Westoros and Daenerys’ potential rise to becoming a powerful leader.
Arya’s Big Adventure: Arya Stark made a big move by leaving Westeros as she embarks on her big adventure across the world. She was one of the most ambitious characters and was destined for greatness from the beginning. People were delighted to watch their beloved Stark set sail in search of unknown boundaries and lands.
- Bran Stark becoming the King of Westeros
- Theon’s Heroic Sacrifice
- Jon Killing Dany
- Tyrion’s Regency
- The Return of Ghost
- Jon Snow and Ghost Reuniting
- Drogon’s Farewell
- Sansa Becoming the Queen of North
Q: How did the series finale of Game of Thrones end?
A: The finale of Game of Thrones concluded with a series of reunions, successes, and bittersweet endings. After a long and hard fought battle against the White Walkers, most of the main characters were reunited and there were many happy endings for multiple characters. The series concluded with Bran Stark being elected the King of Westeros.
Q: What did the 8th season do well?
A: Season 8 of Game of Thrones did many things well, including allowing fans to wrap up unresolved storylines and more deeply explore the characters. It also gave us incredible battle sequences full of intense action, and provided a fitting ending that felt true to the story. Finally, it gave us several moments of unexpected joy, such as the reunion of Arya Stark and the Hound.
As the finale of the most popular show of all time, Game of Thrones Season 8 certainly delivered. Filled with shocks, surprises, and satisfying resolutions, Season 8 certainly had its fair share of great moments worth celebrating. From a narratively satisfying ending to its powerful depictions of strength and loyalty, Game of Thrones won’t be forgotten anytime soon. Before Winter comes, let us remember these eight things Season 8 did extremely well.
Oyun ve Teknoloji Hakkında Herşey.